So it's the first of the month and instead of just slumping back into your day to day routine, I want to challenge you to try something.... REFLECTION!
In January I got myself a Passion Planner (which I LURVVEE btw) and went through the steps they have for creating a road map and from there monthly reflections. It forces me to take a few minutes to look back at my month and answer the following questions...
- What was the most memorable part of this past month? Describe it.
- What were the three biggest lessons you've learned in this past month?
- Review your planner for the past month and assess your priorities. Are you happy with how you spent your time? If not, what steps can you take next month to adjust them?
- How are you different between this past month and the month before?
- What or who are you especially grateful for this past month?
- Name three things you can improve on this upcoming month. What are concrete action steps you can take to work towards these improvements?
How awesome are those questions? I think the reason I love doing this every month is because it gives me time to look back, look forward, be super grateful for everything that has been happening and then set an action plan to be my best self and totally rock my businesses.
It is also a great tool to look back at how you and your work has grown over the past year. It is never too late to start. Don't let your excuses of "oh but its already June" stop you! I was that person... I wouldn't buy a planner or schedule out my goals for the year if it was too "late" in the year. JUST START! Otherwise time will continue passing by and you will still be exactly where you were instead of moving forward. Put your goals and dreams into words, and then into action!