With less than 20 days until I get hitched I have been VERY conscious about what I put in and on my body. Some of the tricks I have learned over the years has helped tremendously, which makes me confident that I will feel awesome on my wedding day. Of course it starts with having products that are safe for your skin. But if you want to add the extra layer and leave your skin glowing and hydrated here are my top tips...
1. Get into a skincare routine, your face will thank you. I personally use Arbonne's RE9 set daily. After washing my face I spray on toner, run in serum then put on day cream with SPF 20. *make sure you are wearing sunscreen* In the evenings I do the same except instead of day cream I use the eye and night cream. I have oily skin and was really hesitant to use a night moisturizer, but I promise this leaves your skin hydrated without feeling oily or greasy!
2. Find out what your food triggers are.I highly recommend doing the Arbonne30 so you can learn what food categories affect you and how. I learned that dairy products make my face break out - almost instantly. Dairy also makes me feel stuffy and tired so I now know to steer clear of dairy when I want to feel and look my best!
3. Keep your skin hydrated.The first way to do this is obvious... drink tons of water. The easiest way to know how much to drink is divide your weight in half and then drink that amount in oz! For example, if you weigh 150, you should drink 75 oz of water per day! There are also two products that I am OBSESSED with which play a big role in hydration... Gel Eye Masks and Nourishing Facial Oil. The gel eye masks are made with a moisture-boosting superfood cocktail of antioxidants, omegas and phytonutrients help soften the look of baby lines around the eyes. The facial oil is a sheer dry oil formula enhanced with ingredients that contain omega fatty acids 3 and 6 and a superantioxidant to help support your skin.
4. Detox your skin. The Arbonne30 program is the best way to get a full detox - inside and out. However if you want to start smaller, I love the Rescue and Renew Detox Mask. This mask draws out impurities from the skin’s surface like a magnet, resulting in smaller-looking pores. Utilizing an oil-pulling technology with 5 self-neutralizing acids to help clarify and brighten skin’s appearance, the mask transitions from wet to dry to visibly show where excess sebum is drawn out. Balanced out with hydrating rosemary oil so your skin is never stripped of moisture!
5. Focus on your gut! Your gut health is linked to everything... A doctor once told me that if I cant get rid of dark circles under my eyes, that means my gut is not in check! If your skin is not as glowy and healthy as you want it to look, it could be linked to your gut health. The best and quickest fix for this is a good probiotic. I am not talking about eating yogurt or drinking some kombucha. You need a probiotic that has been clinically tested to get down in your gut and do its job. Arbonne's probiotic - Digestion Plus - is pretty awesome, you can mix it into water or (like me) I just pour the powder on my tongue and drink water after.
6. Good fats, omegas and more!It's always beneficial to add more of these into your diet because they are filled with vitamins and phytonutrients that will leave your skin glowing and your gut happy.
- Veggies / Fruits: Spinach, Cabbage, Cucumber, Lemons, Limes, Bananas
- Carbs: Beets, Sweet Potatoes, Berries
- Good Fats: Avocado, Nuts, Olives, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Flax Seed
- Protein: Salmon, Tuna